This page may contain affiliate links.
When life gives you lemons, why not toss in some blueberries and bake up a yummy lemon dessert storm? Introducing our Blueberry Lemon Cupcake recipe that you are going to want to make again and again!
A harmonious blend of tart lemon zest and sweet, juicy blueberries, all wrapped up in a fluffy blueberry lemon cupcake blanket. Every bite bursts with a dance of flavors, reminiscent of sun-kissed summer days and cool breezy picnics. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply indulging in a mid-week treat, these cupcakes promise to bring a slice of sunshine to any moment. Ready to whisk your way to this fruity delight? It’s a great citrus dessert that is sure to please your family and friends…and you!
Blueberry Lemon Desserts
Blueberry and lemon are a match made in dessert heaven. Their combination offers a delightful balance of tartness from the lemons and sweetness from the blueberries. Here’s a list of delicious blueberry lemon desserts you might want to try:
- Insanely Good Blueberry Lemon Blondies-Ooey gooey sweet tart goodness in a bar that is buttery and full of flavor.
- Lemon Tart with Blueberries-This sweet and tangy tart is a crowd pleaser and a wow for any occasion.
- Blueberry Lemon Bars-The rich buttery flavor of lemon bars with the pop of tang and sweetness of blueberries. There’s just about nothing better.
Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes
Now let’s get to the recipe for blueberry lemon cupcakes. They are moist, light, and so full of flavor. You are going to love them! Cupcakes are adorable cute desserts that are in single servings so you can share and not let your treating yourself get away with you. They are one of our best cupcake flavors.
- Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes:
- ● 1 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- ● Another, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, set aside
- ● 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ● 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ● 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ● 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- ● 1/2 cup whole milk
- ● 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- ● 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, if using frozen do not thaw first
- ● 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ● 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ● 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- ● 1 large egg plus one egg yolk, at room temperature
- ● 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ● 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- ● (1) 8 ounce block full-fat cream cheese, very soft
- ● 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- ● 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ● 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ● 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional, but really amps up the lemon flavor)
- ● 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
In a small bowl add frozen blueberries and toss with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to coat.
Add 2 tablespoons of flower and toss to coat again
Return to freezer
In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside
In another bowl, whisk sour cream, milk, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
In a large bowl cream butter until smooth
Add sugar and lemon extract and mix well
Add egg and yolk and mix well
Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and mix until just combined
Add 1/2 of the sour cream mixture and mix until just combined
Repeat those two steps, do not overmix
Add the blueberries from the freezer and gently fold into batter with the lemon zest
Prepare cupcake tin with liners and fill each liner 3/4 full
Bake for 16-24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
Cool completely before frosting and decorating
Instructions for Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
Mix together butter and cream cheese until smooth
Add lemon juice and combine
Slowly add powdered sugar a bit at a time until smooth and creamy
Add vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest, mix again until smooth
The frosting should be spreadable, but be able to hold its shape. If the consistency appears too thick, add a teaspoon of milk or heavy cream, but only if necessary. The frosting should be creamy and spreadable, but also thick enough to hold its shape. Pipe or spread the frosting on each cupcake
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.