This page may contain affiliate links.
Introducing our Lemon Bar Cupcake Recipe: a delightful fusion that’s a match made in heaven! One of our favorite cupcake recipes of all time! And one of the best lemon desserts you can make.
Lemon Curd Cupcake
Imagine the beloved classic lemon bars – with their perfect balance of tart and sweet, a buttery crust, and a lemony tender cupcake topped with lemon buttercream and a gorgeous drizzle of lemon curd. The result? Lemon Bar Cupcakes! These little gems embody the quintessence of summer with their refreshing lemony aroma and velvety texture. If you love cupcakes like we do, check out more cupcake ideas here.
The luscious lemon flavor is carried through the soft cupcake sponge and crowned with a delectable lemon-infused frosting that’s reminiscent of the timeless lemon bar filling. Each bite is a harmonious symphony of tangy and sweet notes, making these cupcakes the ultimate treat for lemon aficionados.
Not only do these cupcakes taste heavenly, but they are also a feast for the eyes. The contrasting layers mimic the signature appearance of a lemon bar, while the compact, portable form of a cupcake adds a touch of whimsy and convenience.
Whether you’re hosting a garden party, attending a potluck, or simply indulging yourself on a sunny afternoon, This Lemon Bar Cupcake recipe is bound to steal the show and leave everyone craving more.
So, get ready to transport your taste buds to a citrus paradise and add a ray of sunshine to your day with Lemon Bar Cupcakes! Stay tuned to learn how to create this crowd-pleaser that effortlessly combines nostalgia with innovation.
How Much Cupcake Batter Per Cupcake?
When making cupcakes, filling each cup of a standard muffin tin about 2/3 to 3/4 full is usually ideal. This typically equates to about 3 to 4 tablespoons or approximately 1/4 cup of batter per cupcake.
Using an ice cream scoop with a release mechanism is a popular and convenient way to ensure even portions and achieve consistent results. (Or a batter scoop like this)
It’s important not to overfill the cups, as this can cause the batter to spill over during baking and create a mushroom-like top. On the other hand, under-filling the cups can result in cupcakes that are too small or flat.
For mini cupcakes, use about 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of batter per cupcake. For jumbo or larger cupcakes, you may need to use around 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter.
For more yummy cupcake ideas, check these out:
- Healthier Lemon Cupcakes
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Peppermint Whipped Cream Frosting
- Cookies and Cream Cupcake Recipe
- Nerd Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Bar Cupcakes
- You can omit the lemon curd if you want to tone down the amount of lemon in this dessert. You can also make a strictly vanilla buttercream frosting since the cupcake bar filling has a very lemony flavor.
- Cupcake Crust
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cupcake Batter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Lemon Buttercream
- Lemon Curd
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Start by making the crust. In a bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and salt until combined.
- Then add the flour and mix until a crumbly crust is formed.
- Take about a tablespoon of the crust and add to each cupcake liner, flattening afterward with the spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While that is baking, start making the cupcake filling.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Add 1 cup of flour and the baking powder to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner 1/2 the way full with cupcake batter and place in the oven for another 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before piping on some lemon buttercream frosting and topping with lemon curd.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 5g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.