This page may contain affiliate links.
These Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are the perfect lemon dessert for any time of day. They are moist and tender like bakery-style muffins with fresh lemon flavor and lots of crunchy poppy seeds.
Calling all muffin lovers! These muffins are easy to make, packed with zingy sweet lemon flavor, and foolproof. You are going to love them. And poppyseeds give a dainty crunch to already delicious crumb. There is nothing like a poppyseed dessert. I just love them. Bake these muffins to the perfect brownness and you’re going to love the results!
And you don’t need to be a baking expert to make perfect, bakery-style muffins!
How to make the perfect lemon poppy seed muffins
- The perfect muffins come from not overworking the batter. Be gentle once you add the dry ingredients to the wet. You just want the flour to disappear, not be all the way mixed in. Mix them by hand and be cautious. This is the number one tip for good muffins.
- Bake them as soon as you get them mixed so the leavening agents are activating while they bake and not already done. You’ll get fluffy domed muffins this way.
- Use real lemon. Don’t get the bottled and dried stuff. Zest and squeeze your own lemons and the freshness you’ll get is bombtastic.
- Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop the batter in the cupcake papers.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
The lemon flavors in these muffins are great and so are the textures. They are incredibly moist, perfectly sweet, and just totally amazing!
How to Store Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Store leftovers in an air-tight container. You can leave them on the counter for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins?
These muffins freeze quite well! Allow them to come to room temperature. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until solid.
Place the muffins in an air tight container and label it accordingly.
They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw them on the counter to room temperature or in a 300 degree oven for 5 minutes or so.
Best muffin recipes
For more of the best muffins ever, check these out:
- Healthy Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Whole Wheat Lemon Muffins
- Dried Apricot Oat Muffins Recipe
Bakery style lemon poppyseed muffins
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (Bakery Style)
Tangy sweet muffins with a light crumb and the crunch of poppyseeds.
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (any type)
- ½ tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (2 medium lemons)
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppyseeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, whisk and set aside.In another bowl combine the eggs, sugar, and butter.
Mix until light and fluffy and it has doubled in size.
Add vanilla and lemon extract with half of the flour mixture and half the milk, mix on low until just combined.
Then add the lemon zest and mix the batter on medium until creamy, scrapping the sides before completing mixing.
Do not overmix.
Fold in poppyseeds until well incorporated.
Scoop a level amount of batter into each section lined cupcake pan.
Bake at 350ﾟfor 15-18 minutes.
Toothpick should come out clean.
Allow to cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing and placing on the wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
For a quick glaze- ½ cup of confectionary sugar, 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or other liquid, ½ tsp vanilla extract. Stir until smooth
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.
Thank you for checking them out!