This page may contain affiliate links.
These Lemon Poppyseed Scones are light, flaky, and bursting with citrusy goodness. They are the perfect lemon dessert.
There’s nothing like the zesty zing of lemon to perk up your morning. Combine that with the subtle crunch of poppy seeds, and you have the perfect treat to enjoy with your coffee or tea. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just dabbling in the art, this recipe is a delightful way to bring a ray of sunshine to your breakfast table or afternoon tea. Let’s dive in and whisk up some citrus magic!
Lemon Breakfast Recipes
Lemon is a wonderfully refreshing flavor to incorporate into breakfast dishes. Here are some zesty lemon-infused breakfast ideas to get your morning started on a bright note:
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes: Fluffy pancakes with the rich texture of ricotta cheese, made even better with a hint of lemon zest. Top with a lemon-infused syrup or fresh berries for an extra treat.
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins: Moist muffins loaded with fresh blueberries and a touch of lemon zest. Drizzle with a simple lemon glaze for added sweetness.
- Lemon Greek Yogurt Parfait: Layer creamy Greek yogurt with granola and lemon curd. Top with fresh berries or a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Lemon Poppyseed Overnight Oats: Combine rolled oats with milk, a spoonful of lemon curd, and poppy seeds. Refrigerate overnight and top with fresh fruit in the morning.
- Lemon Chia Pudding: Mix chia seeds with almond milk, a touch of honey, and lemon zest. Let it sit overnight and enjoy a creamy, tangy pudding in the morning.
- Lemon Biscotti: Perfect for dipping into your morning coffee, these twice-baked cookies have a hint of lemon flavor.
Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
Now let’s get onto to making these delicious Lemon Poppyseed Scones with crunchy poppy seeds and all the flavor you dream of!
- 2 cup flours
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda and baking powder together
- Add in cubed butter and squeeze the butter and flour mixture together to create a crumbly mixture
- Mix in the poppy seeds
- Add egg, lemon juice, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix until just comes together
- Pour dough onto clean surface and form into a 10 x 10 disc
- Cut into 6 slices and place on parchment paper
- Brush scones with butter and sprinkle with white sugar
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are lightly browned
- Top with a glaze of your choice if desired and sprinkle on some lemon zest
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.