This page may contain affiliate links.
This moist and delicious strawberry sour cream muffin recipe makes some of the best muffins I’ve ever tasted. Check them out for yourself and you’ll have them in your favorite muffin recipe section of your recipe box too.
Strawberry sour cream muffins
I love finding new ways to add fresh berries to baked goods, especially when berry season rolls around. If you love those big fluffy muffins from the bakery, you’re going to really love these strawberry sour cream muffins made from scratch!
The juicy flavor of fresh strawberries in these strawberry sour cream muffins tastes like summertime. And the sour cream makes all the difference in the texture of your muffins. It adds moisture, but also acidity which changes the reaction of the baking soda. So that’s how they do it at the bakery department.
Muffins make a great grab and go breakfast. You can make them ahead and freeze them too. It’s the perfect plan.
Here are a few muffin pro tips:
- Use room temperature ingredients for best results. They incorporate better and that gives the best texture.
- Let the muffins cool in the baking pan for 5 minutes so they set up a bit, then move them to a wire rack to finish cooling so they won’t get soggy bottoms.
Do you need substitutions, check these out:
- If you don’t have sour cream or greek yogurt, you can substitute one for the other.
- If you don’t have butter, you can use melted coconut oil or even lard. You can also use applesauce instead.
- You can use another berry or frozen strawberries for fresh. For frozen, thaw and drain them and dice them up.
- For gluten-free muffins, you can use Bob’s Red Mill’s gluten-free baking mix.
Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days and in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If you’re going for jumbo muffins, cook them a few minutes longer, try about 20 to start with, and for mini muffins try 10-12 minutes.
For more yummy muffin recipes, check out these favorites:
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Lemon Muffins Recipe
- If You Like Pina Colada Muffins
- Whole Wheat Lemon Muffins
- Dried Apricot Oat Muffins Recipe
- Banana Muffins
Strawberry muffins with sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, wash and cut into cubes (you can also use frozen as I did. Just toss them in flour)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray standard size muffin pan with coconut oil or line with cupcake liners
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, add the butter and melt in the microwave.
- Add in the eggs and whisk until well incorporated.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.