This page may contain affiliate links.
These simple If You Like Pina Colada Muffins have the same delicious flavors as the popular fruit flavored drink. They are easy to make and delicious. A great muffin recipe that’s a little bit out of the norm.
Pina colada muffins are a delicious tropical twist on the classic breakfast muffin. These muffins are inspired by the popular cocktail that combines pineapple, coconut, and rum flavors. The muffins are made with juicy chunks of pineapple, sweetened coconut flakes, and a hint of rum extract for a deliciously moist and flavorful treat.
Whether you’re looking for a breakfast treat or a dessert to share with friends, these pina colada muffins are sure to impress. So, grab your apron and get ready to whip up a batch of these delightful muffins that will transport your taste buds straight to the beach!
For more pineapple and coconut inspiration, check these out:
- How to Make Coconut Almond Macaroons
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a Jar
- Coconut Cake
- Coconut Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Pineapple Tart
- Pina Colada Magic Bars
- Pina Colada Pie Recipe
Pina Colada Muffin Recipe Notes:
- Drain your pineapple really well so it doesn’t make the batter too moist.
- Butter, coconut oil, or canola oil can be used interchangeably.
Here are some secrets to making the best muffins:
- Use the right flour: Use all-purpose flour for a lighter texture and whole wheat flour for a nuttier taste.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing can lead to tough muffins. Mix the batter until the ingredients are just combined.
- Use room temperature ingredients: This allows the ingredients to blend together better, resulting in a more evenly baked muffin.
- Use a muffin tin: Using a muffin tin helps the muffins bake evenly and keeps their shape.
- Don’t overfill the muffin cups: Fill each cup about 2/3 full to allow room for the muffins to rise.
- Add mix-ins: Add your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, blueberries, or nuts to add flavor and texture.
- Let the muffins cool: Allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. This helps them set and prevents them from falling apart.
By following these tips, you can make the best muffins every time.
More delicious Muffin recipes
For more amazing bakery style muffin ideas, check these out:
- Healthy Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Sour Cream Muffin Recipe
- Whole Wheat Lemon Muffins
- Dried Apricot Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1/2 cup milk
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut, divided by half
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Line your muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
Whisk to combine.
Set to the side.
In a medium bowl, beat together egg and milk.
Add in a small saucepan butter and coconut.
Place over medium heat and cook until golden brown.
Make sure to stir often.
Set to the side to cool.
Stir in pineapple, coconut, cherries, and rum extract.
Add to flour mixture; stir until mixed (batter will be stiff).
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
Sprinkle remaining coconut on top of the batter.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.