This page may contain affiliate links.
Gingerbread Pie, where the warm, spicy notes of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses come together in a delightful symphony of flavors and aromas. This unique dessert takes all the beloved qualities of traditional gingerbread and transforms them into a sumptuous, indulgent pie perfect for a Christmas dessert!
Imagine a buttery, flaky crust cradling a luscious, spiced gingerbread filling, crowned with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whether you’re preparing it for a festive holiday gathering or simply to savor on a cozy evening, this Gingerbread Pie recipe is your ticket to a delectable, heartwarming experience that captures the essence of the season.
Custard Pie Recipes
Custard pies have been a cherished dessert for generations, with their smooth, creamy filling nestled within a flaky, golden crust. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, these recipes invite you to explore the art of creating a timeless, comforting dessert that has stood the test of time. Whether you’re preparing a pie for a special occasion or simply treating yourself to a moment of sweet indulgence, custard pies are a delightful choice.
For some custard pie ideas, check these out:
Gingerbread spices are a delightful blend of warm, aromatic seasonings that give gingerbread its signature flavor and aroma. These spices combine to create a comforting and festive profile that’s perfect for gingerbread cookies, cakes, and other baked goods. While the exact proportions may vary from recipe to recipe, common gingerbread spices include:
- Ground Ginger: Ground ginger is the star of the show, providing that distinctive, spicy kick and earthy warmth to gingerbread recipes.
- Ground Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds a sweet, woody flavor with a hint of spiciness, enhancing the overall warmth and depth of the spice mix.
- Ground Cloves: Ground cloves contribute a pungent, sweet, and slightly peppery flavor that pairs beautifully with ginger, giving gingerbread its characteristic complexity.
- Ground Nutmeg: Nutmeg offers a nutty, slightly sweet, and mildly spicy note that complements the other spices and adds depth to the gingerbread flavor.
- Allspice: Ground allspice combines flavors reminiscent of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, contributing a warm and fruity essence to the spice mix.
- Ground Cardamom (optional): Some recipes include ground cardamom, which imparts a citrusy, herbal, and slightly floral note to the spice blend.
- Black Pepper (optional): In some variations, a pinch of black pepper is added to provide a subtle heat that balances the sweetness of the gingerbread.
The exact combination of these spices can vary based on personal preference and regional traditions. You can find pre-made gingerbread spice blends in stores, but many bakers prefer to create their own custom spice mix to tailor the flavor to their liking.
Gingerbread Custard Pie Recipe
Gingerbread Pie Recipe
- One 9in premade pie shell
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Sour Cream Layer:
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place the pie shell onto a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degree
- Using a small bowl, melt the butter and allow to cool slightly
- Using a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until combined
- Beat in the melted butter until combined
- Beat in the molasses, heavy cream, and lemon juice until combined
- Beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Pour the batter into the pie shell and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until center is firm
- Remove from oven and increase oven temp to 425 degrees
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Pour over the top of the pie
- Place into the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before placing into the fridge overnight
- Top with fresh whipped cream, cinnamon and gingerbread oreos
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.