This page may contain affiliate links.
Lemon Meringue Pie in a Jar is easy, adorable, and delicious! Desserts in a jar are my favorite and this one is perfect to complement any meal.
Lemon meringue pie
Soggy crust and weepy meringue that slides off the top of the slice as you cut it are two problems with lemon meringue pie. And personally I don’t even like regular crust. Blech. These little pies in a jar are perfect because they start with graham cracker crust that stays crunchy and they stay in the jar until you eat them with a spoon so there’s no messy slicing.
Dessert in a jar
We love the little 4 oz jars because they are the perfect amount for a sweet treat and they are so cute you can’t stand it. Plus, the convenience of the lid and them being air tight makes them a perfect make ahead treat.
These adorable little treats are great for parties, showers, and special holiday meals but also great for regular ole dinner tonight.
For more dessert in a jar ideas, check these out:
- Peanut Butter Smores Pie Jars
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
- Ooey Gooey Pecan Cinnamon Rolls in a Jar
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Jars
They come together in just a few minutes. Now, mason jars aren’t meant for baking, so I don’t make recipes in them that bake for 30 minutes, but you only toast the meringue in them. If you’re worried about that, you can choose a more oven safe container or toast the meringue with a dessert torch. It’s fine that way.
I don’t know if you can tell, but lemon flavor is one of my ultimate favorites (hence the name, lemon diaries for my dessert blog) so any time I make a sweet, I love using lemon. I love chocolate and other things too but lemon is my bag!
For more lemon dessert ideas, check these out:
- Best Lemon Desserts
- Healthy Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Insanely Good Blueberry Lemon Blondies
- Easy Vegan Lemon Cookie Recipe
You can use lemon juice from a bottle, but if you squeeze it fresh you will get a much brighter fresher flavor. It’s up to you. And if you hate meringue or what to use the jars but not taost the tops, top them with freshly whipped cream instead. It will still be perfect! You might want to double the amount cause they’re gonna go fast!
Lemon pie in a jar
No Bake Lemon Meringue Pie in a Jar
Tangy sweet individual lemon meringue pies in a jar with a crispy graham cracker crust and no bake filling.
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue)
- ½ cup lemon juice (1 ½ - 2 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 6 4-ounce jars on a baking sheet.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl.
- Scoop the crumbs equally into each of the bottoms of the jars. Don’t press the crumbs down, but you can gently shake the jars if you want to level out the crumbs a bit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and zest until thoroughly incorporated.
- Drop an equal amount into each of the jars.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar. Start on low, and gradually increase speed. Once the mixture is frothy, you can add the sugar while the beaters are still going. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the filling. You can mound it above the top of the jar. Use a spoon to add peaks or swirl designs to the top of the meringue.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown.
- Allow the meringues to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring them to the fridge. Let the jars cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the custard to fully set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.
Leave a Reply