This page may contain affiliate links.
These sweet chocolate dipped caramel apple bites are easy to eat, fun to make, and so delicious, you’re going to want to make them again and again. For the best fall dessert sweet treat.
Don’t you just LOVE caramel apples? They can be a handful for kids and sometimes I just want eating them to be a little bit easier, so I made these bite size ones that fit the bill perfectly! They are perfect for snack or dessert and fill those sweet cravings. I’m in love.
They are adorable, so they make a great treat for a party or gathering. I just love a cute little bite size treat! And you can use any kind of sprinkles or nuts to decorate them with. And there’s nothing better than a dessert that you don’t even have to heat up the oven for. It’s a win win for sure. No bake desserts are my favorite.
Here are a few tips:
- Make sure to cover the stick about 1/4 inch down so you have a seal around the apple bites and they don’t weep.
- Squeeze the apple bites in a paper towel before you start dipping them to get all the juice off or the caramel will slide right off.
- If you want to harden the caramel on the apple, dip them in some ice water and they’ll be ready for the chocolate faster. (Of course, you have to get them dry first, but be gentle. We dab ours on a paper towel.)
- Work quickly so the caramel stays melted enough to coat the apples.
- Once you start the chocolate layers, work quickly as well.
For more apple delights, check these out:
Chocolate dipped caramel apple bites
Caramel Apple Bites
Sweet, crunchy caramel apples in bite size portions!
- 3 apples
- 11 oz bag caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- White and semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Get all the toppings you would like ready to go by placing them in small bowls and set aside.
- Using a melon baller, scoop rounded balls from all 3 apples and stick each apple ball on a sucker stick.
- Apples need to be very dry for the caramel to stick. Use a paper towel to dry each apple bite before dipping it in the caramel.
- In a medium glass bowl melt caramel bits with heavy cream for 2 min in the microwave. Stir, and if necessary you can microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until fully melted.
- Dip each apple bite in the melted caramel, then immediately in the desired topping, except for chocolate dipped bites.
- Place the dipped caramel apple bites on the sheet of parchment and put in the freezer to cool for 10 minutes.
- For chocolate dipped bites wait until caramel is fully cooled, melt chocolate chips in the microwave and dip the top of apple bites in the melted chocolate, add sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 4gSugar: 72gProtein: 4g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.
Leave a Reply