This page may contain affiliate links.
This pumpkin spiced coffee cake with streusel topping is the perfect treat. With warm spices and crunchy streusel on top, it’s the absolute best fall dessert!
Pumpkin pecan coffee cake
There are lots of delicious recipes around that include pumpkin puree, but this one is a bit different. It uses simple ingredients, but is elevated in flavor! It’s great for breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert. And perfect with a cup of coffee! And the pecans on top take it to another level!
Coffee cake holds a special place in my heart. My grandma always had one on the counter to enjoy with her coffee. She had a real sweet tooth and she loved to share her goodies with me. I love the idea of coffee cake even though I’m not a fan of coffee. I do LOVE cake!
- Don’t leave out the sour cream, but you can substitute greek yogurt.
- Do NOT overmix! When adding the dry ingredients to the wet ones, just fold it over a few times so your cake will be light and tender.
- If you store it in an airtight container, it will last on the counter for about 2 days and in the fridge for about a week.
- Grease your pan thoroughly and dust it with flour.
- Make sure a toothpick comes out clean, different ovens and different pans cook differently.
- Pumpkin pie filling is different than pumpkin puree, make sure you get the right one.
- Any kind of nuts are great for this cake. Toast them in a skillet until you can start to smell them, then add them to the batter or streusel topping for an extra treat.
- Always use room temperature eggs in baking for best results.
- A pat of butter on top of a piece of warm cake is divine!
For more warming pumpkin recipes, check this out:
- Pumpkin cheesecake parfaits
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Pumpkin cookies with glaze
- Impossible crustless pumpkin pie
- Crumbl copycat pumpkin pie cookies
- Pumpkin desserts that are not pie
Also, check out this gingerbread cream pie for warm spices and gingerbread flavor for the holidays! Or these super easy mini donut snowman treats. Check out these soft molasses cookies too!
Pumpkin cake with streusel topping
Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
Warm tender spiced cake with crumble topping. Full of pumpkin flavor.
- For the cake:
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- For the streusel topping:
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the wet mixture and fold until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Make the streusel topping: Combine the flour, sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry fork and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the cake batter in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester or knife comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Serve warm or cooled to room temperature and enjoy!
If you are dealing with a nut allergy, substitute old-fashioned rolled oats for the pecans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g
For more cake ideas, check these out:
- Dark Chocolate Poke Cake with Marshmallow Frosting
- Coffee Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Buttercream
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.
Leave a Reply