This page may contain affiliate links.
These Mummy Rice Krispie Treats are ooey gooey marshmallowy perfection! And fun to make and serve this Halloween for a fun holiday treat for fall!
The original back-of-the-box recipe is great but by adding more butter, extra marshmallows, and vanilla extract we make it even more flavorful, thick, and chewy. And then add candy eyes and melted white chocolate to make a fun and interesting party treat!
And really, they are very simple to make. It doesn’t take a lot of skill to melt chocolate and drizzle it and dab on some adorable candy eyes. You don’t have to be Martha Stewart to pull this one off. And I’m all about easy, aren’t you?
- The candy eyes smear easily, so make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling.
- It takes about one bag of white chocolate melts to drizzle “bandages” on the mummies. Or two bags if you want to dip the whole treat.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can drizzle with a spoon.
- These are best stored in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature. It is best eaten fresh and consumed within 1-2 days.
These rice krispie treats are as adorable as they are yummy and your party goers and family are going to love them. I mean, who doesn’t LOVE rice krispie treats? Always always one of my favorites! And they go like hotcakes at a party. The “icing on the cake” is that you get to make them look spooky and cute for your Halloween snack tray and everyone’s going to oo and ah over them. You’ll be the hostess with the mostess!
Rice Krispie Mummies
- 9 Tablespoons real butter (not margarine)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Two 10 oz bags mini marshmallows, divided
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 package candy eyes
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in the salt and stir. Then divide the marshmallows by separating 1 cup and setting it aside for later. Pour the rest of the marshmallows into the pot and continue to stir until melted.
- Once melted, remove the pot from the heat and then add in the vanilla extract. Give it a quick stir before adding in the Rice Krispies cereal and the 1 cup of marshmallows we set aside earlier. Fold gently until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly, without pressing in too hard. Use the back of a wet fork or spoon to lightly press it down and into the corners of the pan. You can also use wet fingertips but I find utensils to be less messy. Do not overpack it otherwise it will become hard once set.
- Leave it on the counter to set for at least 1 hour. Do not refrigerate or it will harden and be difficult to eat.
- Once set, cut into desired slices and place on parchment paper lined baking trays with a 1-2 inch gap between each slice. Now, let's get ready to decorate!
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low or using the defrost setting for 30 seconds. Give it a stir and if it’s still not melted, microwave again for 15 seconds. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Do not overheat. (Directions from back of Ghiradelli package)
- Dab melted chocolate from the bowl onto the backs of the eyes and place them on the Rice Krispie treats. Then pour the chocolate from the bowl into a piping bag and twist the top tightly, making sure it is secure and no chocolate will spill out.
- Using scissors, snip the tip of the piping bag a tiny bit at a time until it is the desired thickness for making the bandages.
- Hold the piping bag firmly and give it a squeeze to decorate the Rice Krispies. Drizzle the chocolate in multiple directions, across and diagonal, to make the bandages. Have fun with it and try to avoid covering the eyes.
- Once finished, let it sit for another 15 minutes on the counter for the chocolate to harden. Then remove the extra chocolate from the sides and put the mummies on a plate. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
For more cute and simple Halloween treats, check these out:
For more fall yummies, check these out:
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Impossible crustless pumpkin pie
- Apple galettes
- Pumpkin spiced coffee cake
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.