This page may contain affiliate links.
The combination of chocolate, coffee, and caramel creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures in these salted caramel espresso brownie jars is indulgent and satisfying. There is nothing better than a single serving of dessert in a jar.
Salted Caramel Espresso Brownie Jars are a delicious dessert made by layering various components in a small glass jar. The layers consist of rich and fudgy chocolate espresso brownies and a generous drizzle of smooth salted caramel sauce.
The brownie component is made from a dense and moist chocolate cake and flavored with espresso powder. And finally, a generous amount of salted caramel sauce is drizzled over the top of the espresso layer, adding a sweet and salty dimension to the dessert.
Salted Caramel Espresso Brownie Jars are a decadent dessert that is perfect for special occasions or for anyone who loves the combination of chocolate, coffee, and caramel. They are easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making them a convenient dessert option for entertaining guests or satisfying a chocolate craving.
The espresso brownie layer is made like typical brownies but a little espresso powder is added to give the dessert a distinctive coffee flavor. The smell is amazing too. And coffee brings out the flavor of coffee and makes it pop!
Dessert in a jar
These fun desserts in a jar are adorable, easy to make ahead and refrigerate, easy to serve, and delicious. For more dessert in a jar ideas, check these out:
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
- French Silk Pie in a Jar
- Ooey Gooey Pecan Cinnamon Rolls in a Jar
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Meringue Pie In a Jar
- No Bake Turtle Cheesecake Jars
- Peanut Butter Smores Pie Jars
Typically I don’t bake in the jars, I just serve in them, but with this recipe, I bake the brownies in the jar but I insure they are almost submerged in a water bath to protect the jars. If you are uncomfortable with this, you can bake the brownie in a brownie pan. Once they are cooled, you can dice them up and put chunks of brownie in the jars. It’s just as yummy and just as cute.
- For gluten and dairy-free substitutes:
- Substitute equal amounts of flour for gluten free all-purpose flour
- Substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for 12 ounces of chopped dark chocolate barsSubstitute equal amounts of butter for vegan butter
- Substitute Caramel Sauce for Vegan Caramel Sauce
For more coffee or brownie ideas, check these out:
- Coffee Ice Cream Cake
- Layered German Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- Halloween Mummy Brownies
- Browned Butter Espresso Banana Loaf
- Fudgy & Healthy Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a pot or saucepan melt the butter until simmering.
- In a bowl filled with the chocolate chips, add the melted butter on top.
- Whisk together until the chocolate chips have completely melted and you have a smooth mixture.
- Add in the white sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and combine.
- In a smaller separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until slightly frothy.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and combine, at this point the batter should be shiny.
- Pour the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into the batter and fold together.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to fill each mason jar ¾ way full with brownie batter.
- Top each jar with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Place mason jars on a water-filled baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with caramel sauce and sprinkle with more coarse sea salt.
- Enjoy while still warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.