This page may contain affiliate links.
French silk pie in a jar is pretty much the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I love mason jar desserts, they are easy to serve and perfectly sized. And French silk pie is pretty much the best thing ever! It’s creamy, rich, and delicious.
What is French silk pie?
French silk pie has a pastry or cookie crust, with rich chocolate filling and topped with whipped cream. It’s a decadent dessert that tastes kind of like heaven on a plate. This recipe is kind of a converted French silk pie version. Simple, delicious, and satisfying.
If you give it a try, this French silk pie in a jar will be one of your family’s favorites too. My daughter begs me to make it for every holiday.
Pie in a jar
This pie in a jar makes a cute dessert for a party or shower. Even Mother’s day and Easter. Adorable and delicious. Single serving desserts are also easy to serve. You can have them ready to go ahead o time, and they are super simple to serve.
I love mason jars for so many things and these pie in a jar ideas are another great idea.
Dessert jars ideas
For more adorable desserts in a jar, check these out:
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
- Ooey Gooey Pecan Cinnamon Rolls in a Jar
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Meringue Pie In a Jar
- Peanut Butter Smores Pie Jars
- Salted Caramel Espresso Brownie Jars
- If you make the jars ahead, wait and make the whipped cream the day you serve it.
- You can purchase store bought whipped cream to save time (it’s not as good, but it’s faster)
Luscious Chocolate Dessert Ideas:
For more amazingly decadent chocolate dessert ideas, check these out:
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Godiva Filled Cookies
- Fudgy & Healthy Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Poke Cake with Marshmallow Frosting
- Secretly Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
French Silk Pie in a Jar
Creamy rich french silk pie in a jar for the perfect single serving treat.
- Chocolate layer:
- 1/3 cup (55 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (55 grams) confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) cocoa powder
- Whipped cream layer:
- 1 1/2 cups (355 mililiters) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons (18 grams) confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 mililiters) vanilla extract
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed into coarse crumbs
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool while you work on the next steps.
- In a medium sized bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until the cream cheese is very soft.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes with a mixer.
- Add in confectioner’s sugar and combine well.
- Next, add in the cooled down chocolate and cocoa powder, and continue to mix until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream to a medium bowl. Start beating the cream on low, and increase it to high as the cream starts to thicken. When the cream starts to thicken, add in the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to beat just until stiff peaks form.
- Remove about 1/3 of the whipped cream and gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate layer mixture. Place the remaining 2/3 of the whipped cream in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs to the bottoms of the jars. If you need to move the crumbs around, you can shake it slightly to get an even-ish layer on the bottom.
- Add about ¼ cup of chocolate filling on top of the cookies. Use a spoon if you need to move the filling around a bit to level it.
- Spread additional cookie crumbs on top of the chocolate layer and chill for at least two hours, or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the remaining whipped cream to a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the whipped cream onto the top of the jars. (Alternatively, you can also just use a spoon and do a nice dallop of whipped cream on top of the jars)
- If you have any remaining crumbs, you can top with the crumbs or broken cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.
Leave a Reply