This page may contain affiliate links.
Sansa’s favorite lemon cake (Sansa Stark), a detail so often remembered in the epic television series, ‘Game of Thrones,’ is more than just a simple confection. It’s one of the best lemon desserts you’ll make.
Game of Thrones Cake
Just as Sansa herself is a juxtaposition of delicate nobility and inner resilience, this lemon cake captures the juxtaposition of its sweet, comforting sponge and its bright, zesty flavor. It’s a cake as complex and endearing as the Lady of Winterfell herself.
As the grandeur and chaos of Westeros swirls around her, it stands as a symbol of simpler times, of innocent desires amidst a landscape of power and intrigue.
This lemon cake, much like Sansa, has undergone its own transformation. From a childhood indulgence to a solace in the harsh realities of court life, the cake embodies Sansa’s journey. The sweet aroma and bright lemony tang evoke memories of Summer, of youth, and of a time before queens and dragons.
Each bite is a blend of tart and sweet, a mixture of longing and comfort that transports us from the icy landscapes of the North to the sunny courts of King’s Landing. It’s a taste that has seen Sansa through trials and tribulations, betrayals and victories. The soft, spongy cake permeated with lemon delight is sure to please everyone.
So, as we slice into Sansa’s Favorite Lemon Cake, we partake not only in a dessert, but in a piece of Westeros itself. The aroma is an invitation, the flavor a journey, and each crumb a testament to the resilience of Sansa Stark amidst the game of thrones.”
For more yummy lemon ideas that you’ll love, check these out:
- Lemon Blondie Recipe
- Lemon Bar Cupcake Recipe
- Lemon Layer Cake
- Raspberry Lemon Cake from Scratch
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (Bakery Style)
- Lemon Meringue Pie In a Jar
- Lemon Wacky Cake Recipe
- Crock Pot Lemon Cobbler
You can make this cake in a 9 x 9 pan or use cupcake pans or tiny bundt pans to make them individually. You’ll have to reduce the cooking time and watch them closely so they won’t get too done and become too dry.
Best Spongy Lemon Cake Recipe
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 3/4 C whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- Thin lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper
- Using a stand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium high speed until stiff peaks form
- Move into another bowl
- In the same mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and water on medium high speed until foamy and light in yellow color, about 5 minutes
- Mix in the melted butter and vanilla until combined
- Mix in the lemon juice and lemon zest
- Gradually mix in the milk
- Gently fold in the egg whites until smooth and not lumpy
- Pour the batter into the baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 65-75 minutes or until firm to the touch
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice until combined and smooth
- Pour over the cake and allow icing to set
- Cut the cake into squares
- sing another bowl and hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream, lemon juice and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Scoop into a piping bag and pipe onto cake squares
- Top with lemon slices
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.