This page may contain affiliate links.
If you like raspberries and lemons you are going to love this Raspberry Lemon Cake from Scratch. It’s exploding with raspberry and fresh lemon flavor. A wonderful lemon dessert to please everyone.
Lemon cake recipe
I personally adore citrus desserts and can’t get enough of them and lemon is absolutely my favorite! And cake has always held a special place in my heart. It just feels like a special occasion any time I get to have some. This cake is also gorgeous as well. With the creamy, rich cream cheese butternut frosting that adorns this lovely.
Spring and summer bring glorious finds like fresh gorgeous raspberries all red and cute in their little cartons. They taste amazing when they are in season. Eating them fresh is a little sour for me, so I love to bake them into anything I can.
Gorgeous raspberry desserts
For more raspberry inspiration, check these out:
- The Best Raspberry Quick Bread Recipe
- Light Lemon Raspberry Loaf
- Raspberry Loaf Recipe
- Raspberry Cobbler
- Fresh Raspberry Bars
How to Make Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Cake flour gives this cake a silky soft texture. If you don’t have cake flour, you can make it with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 14 tablespoons of regular flour for each cup of cake flour. Sift it together several times so it’s well incorporated
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries. If you use frozen, don’t thaw them first. Either way, toss them in flour before adding them to the batter to keep them from sinking in the pan. Don’t add more than the recipe calls for because the batter will have too much moisture. Stick with the plan for best results.
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest. It makes all the difference in the world.
- The lemon extract is optional. You can leave it out if you want, but it’s more lemony with it. And you can make homemade lemon extract super easily.
- Make sure the cakes are completely cooled before frosting.
- You can use a serrated knife to cut off the top of the cake to make them stack evenly.
- Keep the cake refrigerated, covered in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The cake will freeze beautifully.
Don’t miss out on this amazing fresh delight. It would be perfect for Mother’s day, easter, memorial day, or whenever you are celebrating!
Lemon Raspberry Cake Recipe
This lemon raspberry cake isn’t the only thing that’s hot on the spring and summer menu, check out all these gorgeous lemon ideas too. You can never have enough lemon sweets in your life!
- Healthy Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Insanely Good Blueberry Lemon Blondies
- Easy Vegan Lemon Cookie Recipe
- Healthier Lemon Cupcakes with Honey Syrup
- Instant Pot Sally Lunn Cake
- Lemon Strawberry Bread
- Crock Pot Lemon Cobbler
- Sansa’s Favorite Lemon Cake (Game of Thrones)
- Lemon Meringue Pie In a Jar
- Lemon Blondie Recipe
- Whole Wheat Lemon Muffins
- Lemon Wacky Cake Recipe
Raspberry lemon cake with lemon cream cheese buttercream
- Cake batter
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white cane sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 6 ounces raspberry dusted with flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cups milk (room temperature or as close as possible without it getting warm)
- 1 ½ cups salted butter
- 4-ounce cream cheese (full fat)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease cake pans.
In a bowl add the eggs, sugar, butter, lemon extract, zest, and lemon juice.
Start mixing with the hand mixer scraping the sides of the bowl until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl, whisk together, alternate the flour & pouring milk into the egg/sugar ingredients.
Mix until well combined. Scraping sides midway through. Mix no longer than 1 ½ minutes.
Fold in the raspberries. Be sure not to overmix to avoid breaking the berries.
Pour equal amounts into 2- 6 inch round cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 mins. Check with a toothpick. It should come out clean, if not, bake an additional 2 mins.
Allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing and placing on the wire rack to cool completely.
While the cakes are baking, mix the salted butter, powder sugar, and cream cheese and extracts until creamy and smooth.
Cover and allow to rest while the cake cool completely.
To decorate: Place 1 of the cakes on a decorative cake board or cake drum.
Using the angled spatula, add some of the buttercream on top of 1 of the cakes, in a back-and-forth motion, spread gently to cover the cake entire top of the cake.
Place the 2nd cake on top of the cake with the buttercream (top side down).
Press gently, this helps remove some of the air pockets that may develop.
Place more buttercream on the cake and gently work back and forth.
Spread over the sides.
Use the angled spatula to smooth as much as possible or make slight ridges by turning the cake on the turn table.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 756Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 7g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.