This page may contain affiliate links.
Lemon strawberry bread is a moist, sweet, lemony quick bread that makes a delicious summer snack or treat. And can also be a lemon breakfast idea!
For more ways to treat yourself, check out more of the best lemon dessert recipes here.
Lemon strawberry bread is so moist from the lemon juice and fresh chopped strawberries. It’s fresh, sweet, and tangy too. It’s so good made in the early summer with in season fruit from the farmer’s market. It has a crispy top crust, and a moist, tender crumb.
Quick bread is made with eggs and baking powder or baking soda rather than yeast. Sort of like muffins. You can bake it in muffin tins or loaf pans. Or even mini muffin tins. For more quick bread and muffin ideas, check these out:
- The Best Raspberry Quick Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Healthy lemon muffins
- Lemon Raspberry loaf
- Chocolate banana bread
- Browned Butter Espresso Banana Loaf
- Homemade bread recipes
Serve this bread with whipped cream, or even toast it in a pan in butter or spread with cream cheese.
It saves in the fridge for about 2 weeks, on the counter for a few days, or in the freezer for around 6 months if it’s in an airtight package.
Strawberry quick bread
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (for coating the diced strawberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or oil.
2. Combine the sugar, milk, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Wisk until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir together until just combined. You don’t want to overmix the batter!
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 55 - 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven. Place bread in pan on a cooling rack.
7. Set timer for 5 minutes. Loosen edges of bread with a knife and carefully turn out bread. Allow bread to continue cooling until completely cooled.
8. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Strawberry bread with frozen strawberries
You can easily use frozen strawberries for this recipe, just partially thaw them and chop them in small dices like you would the fresh ones. Don’t let them completely thaw before cooking. Frozen strawberries are usually packed in season so they can be sweet and just as delicious as fresh.
For more strawberry dessert ideas, check this out:
- Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Buttercream
- Strawberry shortcake shooters
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Strawberry pizza
- No Bake Mixed Berry Trifle
This is one of our favorite quick breads at our house. I know you are going to love it too. If you love it as much as well do, please leave a recipe rating for other readers. Thank you!
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.