This page may contain affiliate links.
This no bake mixed berry trifle makes a gorgeous festive dessert that tastes great with the ease of a store bought cake and the freshness of healthy berries! The delicious cream cheese frosting that’s layered in makes the whole thing come together. It’s a really easy no bake desert to make too!
Red White and Blue Trifle
The berries are red and blue and the cake and frosting are white, making this the perfect combo for a 4th of July dessert. The fresh taste and red berries make it great for Valentine’s day too. And mother’s day is a great time for a light berry dessert as well.
You just can’t go wrong with this delicious fresh flavored masterpiece. And the best part is its gorgeous too! I mean, just look at those vibrant colors!
Mixed Berry Dessert
The mixture of berries in this trifle make it colorful and a delight to eat. Every bite will surprise you with sweetness, colors, tartness, and more.
For more berry ideas, check these out:
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Light Lemon Raspberry Loaf
- Lemon Strawberry Bread
- Blueberry Cake Donut Recipe
- Easy Bisquick Blackberry Cobbler
- The Best Raspberry Quick Bread Recipe
The best part about this trifle is that you don’t have to bake anything. So you just grab a store-bought angel food cake (or you can use pound cake if you prefer the denser texture, really any kind of cake will work). You can also use Neufchatel cheese in place of cream cheese or even Mascarpone.
It’s a gorgeous dessert with beautiful berries arranged so you can see them on the outside of the dish. This is not a make-ahead dessert. The cake will get soggy, so it’s best to have all the ingredients prepared but to put it together at the last minute.
For more trifle ideas, check these out:
No Bake Trifle
- Premade angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (20 ounces)
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature (16 ounces)
- 2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature (16 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Make the lemon syrup by mixing the water, sugar, and lemon juice in a pan over medium to high heat. Mix until dissolved. Do not boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the extract. Set aside.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- For the frosting, beat the sugar and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy in a large bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and beat with a hand mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.
- Scrape the sides 1-2 times throughout mixing.
- Add the vanilla and mix until the frosting is fluffy and creamy.
- To layer the trifle, start by placing half of the cubed Angel food cake in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish.
- Brush the Angel food cake cubes with half of the lemon syrup until fully coated.
- Layer ⅓ of blueberries over the cubes.
- Pour half of the frosting over the blueberries.
- Layer ½ of the strawberries over the frosting.
- Repeat this process a second time and finish by adding the remaining fruit to the top.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Amazon is the trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.